Dr. Batte is a Lecturer and Paediatric Nephrologist at Child Health and Development Center, College of Health Sciences-Makerere University. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery from Makerere University, a Masters Degree in Paediatrics and Child Health from Makerere University, plus a Paediatric Nephrology Fellowship from McMaster University, Canada. His current research is on kidney disease in children, biomarkers of kidney injury and innovative point of care diagnostics for kidney disease.
- Batte A, Menon S, John C C, Opoka Opika R, Ssenkusu M J, Kiguli S, Kalyesubula R, Conroy Leigh A: Acute kidney injury among children with sickle cell anemia hospitalised with vaso-occlusion in Uganda. Kidney International Reports 2021, 6(4, Supplement):S2-S3.
- Batte A, Menon S, John CC, Opoka O R, Ssenkusu MJ, Kiguli S, Kalyesubula R, Conroy Leigh A: Utility of neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (ngal) in diagnosis of acute kidney injury among children with sickle cell anemia hospitalised with vaso-occlusion. Kidney International Reports 2021, 6(4, Supplement):S29-S30.
- Conroy A, Namazzi R, Batte A, Ssenkusu J, Opoka OR, John C: Acute kidney injury and renal recovery in Ugandan children with severe malaria. Kidney International Reports 2021, 6(4, Supplement):S70.
- Matumaini HK, Batte A, Otwombe K, Lebotsa E, Luboga S. Outcomes of voluntary medical male circumcision performed by medical doctors and non-doctor health workers in central Uganda. African Journal of Urology. 2021 Dec;27(1):1-5.
- Nakubulwa, F., Lusobya, R. C., Batte, A., Ssuna, B., Nakanjako, D., Nakiyingi, L., ... & Otiti-Sengeri, J. (2021). Prevalence and predictors of ocular complications among children undergoing nephrotic syndrome treatment in a resource-limited setting. BMC Ophthalmology, 21(1), 1-7.
- Esezobor C, Ademola AD, Adetunji AE, Anigilaje EA, Batte A, Jiya-Bello FN, Furia FF, Muoneke U, McCulloch M, Nourse P, Obiagwu P, Odetunde O, Okyere P, Solarin A, Tannor EK, Noone D, Gbadegesin R, Parekh RS; Human Hereditary and Health in Africa Kidney Disease Research Network. Management of idiopathic childhood nephrotic syndrome in sub-Saharan Africa: Ibadan consensus statement. Kidney Int. 2021 Jan;99(1):59-67. doi: 10.1016/j.kint.2020.07.045.
- Batte, A., Starr, M. C., Schwaderer, A. L., Opoka, R. O., Namazzi, R., Nishiguchi, E. S. P., ... & Conroy, A. L. (2020). Methods to estimate baseline creatinine and define acute kidney injury in lean Ugandan children with severe malaria: a prospective cohort study. BMC nephrology, 21(1), 1-14.
- Nalwanga D, Musiime V, Kizito S, Kiggundu JB, Batte A, Musoke P, Tumwine JK. Mortality among children under five years admitted for routine care of severe acute malnutrition: a prospective cohort study from Kampala, Uganda. BMC pediatrics. 2020 Dec;20:1-1.
- Rivera-Correa, J., Conroy, A. L., Opoka, R. O., Batte, A., Namazzi, R., Ouma, B. Rodriguez, A. (2019). Autoantibody levels are associated with acute kidney injury, anemia and post-discharge morbidity and mortality in Ugandan children with severe malaria. Scientific reports, 9(1), 14940.
- Siu G, Batte A, Tibingana B, Otwombe K, Sekiwunga R, Paichadze N. Mothers' perception of childhood injuries, child supervision and care practices for children 0-5 years in a peri-urban area in Central Uganda; implications for prevention of childhood injuries. Inj Epidemiol. 2019;6:34. Published 2019 Aug 1.
- Batte A, Lwabi P, Lubega S, Kiguli S, Otwombe K, Chimoyi L, et al. Wasting, underweight and stunting among children with congenital heart disease presenting at Mulago hospital, Uganda. BMC Pediatrics 2017;17(1):10
- Batte A, Lwabi P, Lubega S, Kiguli S, Nabatte V, Karamagi C: Prevalence of arrhythmias among children below 15 years of age with congenital heart diseases attending Mulago National Referral Hospital, Uganda. BMC cardiovascular disorders 2016, 16(1):1
- Batte A, Siu GE, Tibingana B, Chimoyi A, Chimoyi L, Paichadze N, Otwombe K: Incidence, patterns and risk factors for injuries among Ugandan children. Int J Inj Contr Saf Promot 2017, 29:1-5
- Batte A, Katahoire A, Chimoyi A, Ajambo S, Tibingana B, Banura C. Disclosure of HIV test results by women to their partners following antenatal HIV testing: a population-based cross-sectional survey among slum dwellers in Kampala Uganda. BMC Public Health 2015, Jan 31;15(1):63